The putting in place of silicone breast implants makes women feel more selfconfident and will regain their femininity.
The silicone breast implants will note necessarily affect your life in a positive way. Some women experience it very positive, others have negative experiences. Anyway breast implant surgery is a very invasive intervention.
You should be well informed about the advantages and disadvantages of silicone breast implants.
Silicone breast implants : in which caseS?
The putting in place of silicone breast implants must take into consideration medical or psychological indications. Women with following indications could be treated:
- hypoplasia : breasts which have been insufficiently developped. Often both breasts are concerned, but not always.
- hypotrophy : breasts which used to have a normal volume, but have decreased due to pregnancies and breastfeeding.
- After different types of injuries (for example: burns) or minor illnesses, for example: mastopathy.
- After an operation for malignant diseases – for example amputation due to breast cancer – which often causes mutilation.
- Transsexuals (men who became women).
«ARE THERE ANY CONTRA INDICATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF SILICONE BREAST IMPLANTS?»
We advise against the use of silicone breast implants for patients who:
- have an infection which is not treated,
- have a reduced immune system,
- had healing problems in the past,
- have a vascular system disorder,
- have a history of allergies or intolerance to foreign bodies,
- have a history of trials of silicone breast implants without success,
- have health problems in the breast area,
- suffer from psychological instability.
Silicone breast implants : possible complications
As for any kind of surgery there is always a risk of complications. Those can be treated quickly. Don’t hesitate to contact us in case of doubts regarding your silicone breast implants.
Every surgical procedure involves risks
It is very uncommon for certain risks to occur when silicone breast implants are placed.
However some standard risks can occur following surgery and anaesthesia. Even if silicone breast implants are placed as they should, there is always a risk of secondary bleeding, infection, bad healing, implant displacement, change in sensation, etc.
Capsular contracture around certain silicone breast implants
Silicone breast implants may cause a reaction of your body against a foreign body. This reaction consists of the formation of contractile tissue around the silicone implant.
Sometimes this protective membrane becomes thicker and can get painfully hard. The capsule can wrinkle and the shape of the breast may change significantly. In this case it would be necessary to renew the breast implants.
Leakage of some silicone breast implants
The filling of breast implants mainly exists of a saline solution or silicone gel. The implant pocket of silicone breast implants has a minor risk of leakage, because it is slightly penetrable.
In case of a leaking the filling might migrate through the chest tissues and throughout the body. Opinions about the implications of a leakage of breast implants on your health are quite different.
4 weeks now and the twins look amazing. Thank you sooo much Dr Danau. Amazing craftsmanship. You made me feel at ease and delivered what you promised. another happy customer. The clinic is clean and and atmosphere friendly. Keep up the good work
- Discover more information about the high satisfaction rate of breast augmentations
- Read more real-life stories of our patients
- Read more information about breast augmentation
- Read more information about breast implants